Standown for Vets is next week.
Per our generous site host, the Arizona State Fair, you may not walk or drive in to the Fairgrounds until Thursday, January 23rd, 2020 at 6:00AM.
There will be courts to handle legal issues and dental services so get in line early.
A StandDown event is a community-based resource fair where organizations come together to provide to serve veterans and their families by connecting them with critical supportive services to help them gain and maintain housing stability. ‘Stand Down’ is a military term that refers to the brief period of time given to a soldier to leave an active combat area in order to rest and regain strength before returning to battle.
This event is open to all United States military veterans in the local area who are in need of the following resources:
- VA Benefits Assistance
- DES Benefits Assistance
- Maricopa County & City Municipal Courts
- MVD Services – IDs & driver licenses
- Social Security Administration Services
- Medical, Vision, & Behavioral Health Services
- Substance Abuse AssistanceHousing Assistance
- Employment Services
- Education Services & Opportunities
- Pet Care (all domestic animals welcome)
- Haircuts & Hygiene
- Emergency Shelter Solutions
- On-site storage for personal items
- Dental services provided by Central Arizona Dental Society’s Mission of Mercy
This is an awesome service performed 1 a year, maybe 2x , there is a similar yet less comprehensive general public event. When more information becomes available I will certainly post on here, the FaceBook page and in the FaceBook group.
You can find out more information by going directly to their website at StandDown for Vets 2020